Monday, March 21, 2016

The Voice of Truth





There are SO many voices shouting at us. We are in a point in history that is unprecedented. We have more information then we can process at our finger tips. The sounds we hear and the images we see run past our brains at lightening speed. The information highway is zooming up in our brains non-stop. While driving down the freeway the billboards now change images every seven seconds. How in the world do we process it all? What voices are we supposed to listen to anyway?

I realized many years ago that there are tapes playing in our heads from our childhood. I was sharing this with a woman who was really struggling with the tapes that were playing up in her head. The messages were always the same. "You are dumb, you are fat, you are stupid". For me it was, "you are so stupid, you will never amount to anything, you're only good for being a prostitute" Those tapes can be brought forefront at the speed of Mach 10. Of course not everyone has those types of tapes playing in their brain. Some of my grandchildren hear, "you are SO smart, you can do anything you put your mind to, you are loved" I love it when the bonds are broken and healthy, life giving words can replace the old broken ones.

So the question becomes, whose voice will we listen to? Who will get the most air time in our brain? For me it has been so many years ago that I chose to get off the path that was playing those old tapes and chose the road less traveled. A road where truth was spoken over me. Where do we find those truths? Truth will AWAYS be found at the foot of the cross. It is at the foot of the cross that we can hear these words.
1. You are loved
2. With me, you can accomplish anything
3. I will fight your battles, just stand aside and watch me work
4. Your worth is far above rubies and diamonds
5. You are a daughter of the King
6. I want to spend time with you
7. Great job daughter, I knew you could do it
8. I will always be with you
9. You are never alone
10. Have I ever told you just how much I love you?

Next time you feel overwhelmed and hear those old tapes playing that did not encourage you I want to challenge you to go sit at the foot of the cross and hear the truth. You will be so glad you did.
Have a great day.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment