Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Gratituesday



I am going back to my original Gratituesday blog for every Tuesday. I have sorely neglected it and have decided to get back to the practice of counting my blessings on Tuesdays. So, after reading mine feel free to post what you are thankful for.
Today I am very thankful for this man in my life.


This summer we will celebrate 38 years of marriage. The last six years he has been sick. To say it has been hard would be an understatement. Until you have lived with someone with horrible, debilitating chronic pain you have no idea what the term suffering means. The past six months have been particularly hard. On top of all his other medical challenges he now has RA. It is the fast moving kind of RA. Most of his body now has it. In spite of the debilitating pain he has taken on the daunting task of finding us a home. We have bought homes before without a hitch. It has always been simple. We walk through 15 or 20 homes, pick one, make an offer and buy it. Not this time. We are on our 7th offer trying desperately to find a place to call home.
I have been almost no help at all. I took on a challenge from school to study midwifery 400 hours from January 12th through April 12th. I studied like a crazy lady. I went to work, did hours of prenatal, caught babies and studied. Day after day I would spend almost every waking hour that I was home up in the office working on my school work. He never once complained. For the most part we ate terrible during the challenge. I doubt I cooked more than half a dozen times in the 90 days.
I would not have accomplished my goal, and then some if he had not been my biggest supporter cheering me on. I am so thankful for this man of mine. Thank you God for blessing me with my husband.
Today honey, this ones for you.
Much love,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment