Thursday, April 16, 2015

Freedom




Freedom is NOT free. Ask any soldier or family member of a soldier. Freedom comes at a terrible cost. Blood is spilled, hearts are broken, the innocent are buried. We pay a very high price for our freedom. The above picture was taken in Michigan. My sister Robin and I went in search of this awesome painting. Our country was created on the backs and the blood from men and women who believed that all men should be free.

This wall represents my own freedom also. Freedom from my past, freedom from judgement, freedom from what others think of me, freedom from negative thoughts, freedom from bitterness and anger. Freedom to be who God created me to be.

As many of you know, it is not easy to conquer your past. Old hurts can bubble up easily to the surface. Old patterns of thought and behavior invade our minds and bodies. Many people are trapped in their own minds, being victims. I can tell you from years of soul searching, I have never been a victim but a victor! Being a victim robs you of your personhood. You are powerless, like a prisoner sitting in a tiny cell. The bars are thick and impenetrable. I will chose every day freedom from past hurts and failures. Any I have plenty.

I have met many victims in my life. They are angry, bitter and have an overwhelming sense of helplessness. They allow life to just happen, allowing the waves to just toss them about. I am saying just the opposite, our circumstances should never rob of us who God meant us to be, never.

It doesn't matter what life has thrown you. You can chose to a victor and not a victim. I chose to be victorious no matter what the circumstances are right now. Life is too short, time is too precious to be wasted by being a victim.
Which are you today? Are you living a victorious life or are you allowing life to toss you to and fro? Think about it.
Till next time.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment