Thursday, February 5, 2015




Robin finished yesterday with this, "There in lies my true identity" I had to be reminded of that in my own journey. I am a daughter of the King.


"People with abuse and neglect in their life deal with it in various ways, but the two main paths they take are either 1) No one will EVER do that to me again! And become numb, possibly bullies and abusers themselves or 2) Adopt learned helplessness and continue being victimized.  (http://www.farnamstreetblog.com/tag/learned-helplessness/). Statistics show that victims of abuse and neglect lack often adequate healthy boundaries which can leave them vulnerable to future abuse. Duh!  Victims tend to have poor boundaries because their voice and their  “No” have been forcefully silenced.  Let’s be real.  Until we expose the lies, replace them with the truth, and get true healing, those walking the "Learned Helplessness" path are magnets for abusers.  I didn’t learn about boundaries until 2002, thank you Dr. Henry Cloud (Boundaries book).  It took me a good three years of just reading the book before I was brave enough to take baby steps of regaining my voice.  It has been a long process.  Interesting fact, I really do have a soft voice.  Literally.  Try as I may, I can’t seem to figure out how to project my voice and seriously don’t know if I can even yell.  And the cru de gras,  the pitch of my voice seems to be at the precise level that men have a hard time hearing me. Go figure!   Part of my recovery process was taking a few voice lessons, not to sing (you’re welcome!), but simply to learn to speak louder.  I have things to say and deserve to be heard. Gulp!  But how powerful it is to own it and speak truth.  The truth will, indeed, set you free."

Tomorrow I am going to share with you a picture of a freedom wall and how that affected both Robin and I.

Till tomorrow, please remember where your value comes from.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you have let your "voice" be heard here! The lives of the siblings in your family are such powerful and encouraging testimonies for the love of our Lord! Thank you so much for giving us this blessing.

    ReplyDelete