Wednesday, June 18, 2014

God Can Use ANYTHING

Repurposing  


An old trampoline turned into a cute little hide out. An old car turned into a beautiful and unique garden. Old dryer lint turned into fire starters. What do all of these things have in common? They have been repurposed.











My sister Robin and I have been talking recently about this journey called life. Robin is a wise woman. She's also smart and really really funny, along with cute and being a blonde.  If I didn't love her I would hate her for having the perfect body. That girl can eat 3 chocolate covered almonds a day to cure the chocolate craving. Seriously, who can eat three of anything that has chocolate in it? Not me which is why I don't have the perfect body!

Anyway, Robin and I have been chatting and we talked about what life lessons we hold dear. This is her mantra," I'm grateful for every minute of my past because it reminds me that He reclaimed it, redeem it, and is now re-purposing it for HIS glory! He is doing that for you too and I am blessed and privileged to be a witness to your re-purposing. YOU and "IT" is a beautiful thing to behold." 

So the question becomes how do we reclaim, redeem and now repurpose the "stuff" that gets thrown our way? 

Let's start with reclaiming our past. How in the world do we do that? Now for those of you who had idyllic childhoods this next part is not for you. I honor you and call you blessed who had that childhood. For the rest of us, how do we take the past and reclaim it?

I am reminded of the Apostle Paul. He was so sure he was right in persecuting the Christians. He thought he was honoring God by rounding them all up and having them either thrown in prison or killing them. He was so sure he was right when in fact, he was dead wrong. He killed God's people including Stephen.

But God had a plan for Paul's life. He would take Paul's life and reclaim it for His purposes. He struck him down on the road to Damascus to get his attention. Paul spent the next three days blind both physically and spiritually. God took his life and turned it upside down. God directed him in making a 180 degree turn. 

Paul could have been so overwhelmed with grief over the deaths he had caused that he would have been rendered useless for the kingdom if he hadn't reclaimed his past. Listen to what he says later in his journey with God. 

"Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus as made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do; forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead. I press on toward the goal for the prize o the upward call of God in Christ Jesus" Philippians 3:12-13


In this journey we call life, we can rest in the fact that God can use anything to help mold and shape us. He did that with Paul and he can do it with you and I. What are you struggling with today my sweet friend? What holds you down and holds you back from your past? God can use the uglies in your past for his good purposes. Like the old rusty car in the picture above that is filled with beautiful flowers, God can use our broken down lives and make something beautiful.

Join me today as I learn anew how to repurpose my life.

In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment