Tuesday, April 15, 2014

My Small Group Gratituesday





Good morning everyone. Once again Tuesday has rolled around. A day to stop and count our blessings. It's interesting, my blog was never intended to just be about Gratituesday. The past few months it has turned into that and I intend to change. This ties into what I am thankful for.

I have found myself wandering in a desert the past few months. Ever since I got back from Haiti I haven't gotten my bearings. My apprenticeship has been rough since getting back. I have been gone from the body of believers so many Sundays and Wednesday night services I feel like a visitor.

My small group that I am a part of hasn't seen me much either. So many changes in life right now. SO many decisions to make about the future. I have found myself eating more and praying less. It's been five months since I got back and at times I have felt like I am disappearing.

Thankfully the other night I was able to go back to my small group. What a blessing it was. I have truly missed being a part of the group. During prayer time I shared my struggles in several areas of my life and once again I was reminded why fellowship is so important.

I have walled myself off from those who are most important to me. The stress of the apprenticeship and the long hours have taken a toll on my mind and my body.  Today I am so grateful for a group of people in my life who keep the heart and arms open for me.

For this group of believers I am thankful. What about you? What are you grateful for today? I would love for you to share with me.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! I am incredibly grateful for the way that God is providing for us financially while I am on maternity leave! It is amazing how our Lord works. My parents bought us a lot of groceries to have during this time, and someone from our church felt called to give us what they would have tithed this month. We have been blessed in so many ways! These are just a few examples of His goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you, Jill! I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete