Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Grandma's Feather Bed Gratituesday



The very famous country music singer John Denver had this very cool song about his Grandma's feather bed. I loved that song when Rich and I were first married. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would be the Grandma in the song!

With two of our grand girls spending the night to watch some Olympic glory we decided to not kick out son from his bed/ So the only other place was our bed. Since Rich has to sleep in his chair most nights for pain management I end up sleeping alone. So our 10 and 8 year old grand girls climb into our bed. They think the bed is pretty fun anyway since it has some remote controls to move the head and feet up and down. I could hear them giggling in there playing with the bed.

Then me, the grandma came to bed and try and wiggle into place. I tried to move the wiggly grand daughter to no use. I had no clue that this particular grand girl liked to swim in her sleep. Her legs go up and down just like doing the breaststroke in water. Who would have known?  How exactly did she kick me in the mouth? No clue. It was such an interesting night of sleep.

Now don't you think for a moment that I am complaining. You haven't lived till you have slept with a couple of grand children in your bed. Even in sleep they are full of energy and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I just love being that grandma in Grandma's feather bed!

What are you thankful for today? Would love to know.




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment