Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Gratituesday Honoring a Life


 Indulge me for just a few minutes. Once upon a time there was an adorable little boy. He had the cutest little blue eyes and freckles on his face. When he smiled his whole face lit up. Adversity would call this little boy by name and for a long time the battle raged for this little boys soul. Prayer does an amazing thing. It brings to God's attention that there is a soul who needs extra special care. One so loved that the power of the cross would overcome all adversity. That cute little freckled face boy would grow up and find a soul mate. One who would see beneath the adversity and see great hope.  He would grow to be a man in the LORD, like a tender shoot slowly growing in the warm soil. His sisters would be like the Mom they never had, always praying and always encouraging.

Today I want to honor that man who I call brother on his ?? something birthday. People come and go in our lives but those that know us best can also love us best. I can't think of another soul besides my husband and children who I am more proud of. My brother has been through the fire, literally with me and back. On this 21st day of January I honor my brother. John, may God grant you many more years of good health and service to our maker.





Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Sent from my sister Robin,
    "As SIster Unit #3 of said brother I echo this sentimet wholeheartedly. God has and is continuing to wrok miracle in and through him, which I guess means that he has job security, eh? Hahahaha! Just kidding about that but am seriously proud to be a part of a family of God loving servants. We are living proof that miracles still happen." Love Robin

    ReplyDelete