Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Blizzards and Babies Gratituesday







 What a week it has been. I woke up to the balmy temperature of minus twelve degrees before the windchill factor. It supposed to be a high of zero today but it's doubtful it will even get to zero. We had a wonderful blizzard. We had over 16 inches of the white stuff. The parking lot in our apartment covered the front of all the cars. Most everything is still closed but honestly, who wants to go out?  I am so thankful for a warm apartment. I am certain I wont like the heating bill next month but that's okay.

I was blessed to be a part of a beautiful birth this week. Mama had a C-section at her last birth. She really wanted to have a home birth this time. She was a perfect candidate for a VBAC.The coolest moment was just a few minutes after delivering a beautiful baby she raised her arms up in the air and said to her husband, "honey, we did it". There was pure joy on her face.

Whether you climb a mountain, deliver a baby or conquer your own demons the feeling of accomplishment is huge. I am reminded of the scripture, "I CAN do all things through Christ who gives me strength." Our power comes from the LORD. For that I am truly thankful for.

What are you thankful for today? I would love to know.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. I will never forget you sharing those very words with me as I labored in the tub. I leaned on those words hard, and they turned out to be true! The work women are able to do in birthing is truly miraculous. Thank you for helping me do it!

    ReplyDelete