Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gratituesday




I feel like such a blessed woman today. I have so missed sharing Gratituesday with you all while serving in Haiti. I have so many things to be thankful for. Running water, electricity, no sweat running into my eyes, food and most importantly the love of my friends and family.

Today though I am thankful for rest, simple sweet rest. When I got back from Haiti I had pure adrenalin coursing through my veins at a high speed. I was just so happy to be back in America, both feet firmly planted in the soil. I was thrilled to see my family, thrilled to be able to communicate again to anyone I wanted and just happy to be in my own bed.

I was ready to go back to work right away. My precious husband said to me, I want you to take the entire first week off and rest. Like I little child I pouted inside. There was SO much to do, so many grandbabies to see, so many hugs around the neck and so many babies to catch again. In his wisdom though my husband was right. I did need to stop and catch my breath.

So what did I do all week? Not a whole lot, I was a bum! I forced my body to stop producing so much adrenalin and just was still. It about killed me! We had a lovely Thanksgiving at my dear friend Rayetta's house with her and her family. She wouldn't even let me cook anything. We visited with grand babies but for the most part I was home, sitting next to my husband. I even watched for the first time 19 and Counting!

So today I am thankful for rest. Sweet rest. What are you thankful for today? I would love to know. Till tomorrow.
In Christ Alone





Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment