Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gratituesday




 








A Proud Mama







I have written so little since coming back from Haiti. I confess that I am struggling coming back to the country and home I love. Your perspective sure changes when you stay for any length of time in a third world country. The experiences were profound on my soul. I seem to need time to process all that I saw and did over there.

Pictured above is our son Michael. Michael came to us when he was 9 weeks old. Even at such a young age he was a gentle giant. We use to laugh that he was like a puppy with extra big paws. He would need time to grow into them. His hands and his feet were huge. We knew he would be really big someday. Well that someday came during his high school years. He now stands at 6 feet 3 inches. He is still a gentle giant. Unless of course he is wrestling with his big brothers!

He was and is my baby. He was so ready to go off to college. He chose Rochester College. He signed up for 17 credit hours which I thought was a tad much but it was his choice. Today he got his grades and they were almost all A's with a couple of B's thrown in. I couldn't be more tickled. He rocked his first semester.

What I also just love about Michael is that he loves Jesus. He doesn't shout it from the roof tops but he lives a life that honors God. He is an encourager of younger boys by living a life that brings glory to God. We worried when he was younger that he wouldn't have friends as quiet as he was. Oh my, sure didn't need to worry about that one. He is loved by all.

God is so good. 19 years ago he gave us a son to love and for that we are truly thankful. What are you thankful for today? I would love to know.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment