Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gratituesday November 26th





I have missed 6 Gratituesday's and I for one have missed it! Each Tuesday in Haiti I counted my blessings knowing it was Gratituesday back home.

So what is Jill thankful for this bitterly cold, grey Tuesday morning? I am thankful for the opportunity to go to Haiti and serve at MamaBaby. It was the adventure of a lifetime.

Days that I was not in the middle of delivering a baby I would wake up and go out to the balcony and watch the sun rise. You might not know this but Haiti is a beautiful country. The hills remind me of Glenwood Canyon back in Colorado. They are lush with vegetation year around. The green is a brilliant color. The sky also reminds me of Colorado. Living in Michigan I have missed the deep blue skies. The sun shined just about every day I was there.

The beauty that surrounded the compound reminded me of something Solomon said. Everything under the sun is folly. If I looked all around on ground level I saw deep poverty. But when I looked up I saw the beauty the LORD had created. It also gave me a wonderful lesson in the temporal versus the eternal.

As believers we know this world is not our home. We have something being prepared that is far greater than anything we can imagine here. When I look up I remember that this life is just temporary. There is something more beautiful and wonderful waiting for us. God made Haiti a beautiful island. For that I am truly grateful.

The story continues tomorrow.
In Christ Alone,
Jill


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment