Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Prayer Warriors





Sunday was a very special day for me. The elders brought Rich and I up to the front at the beginning of services and prayed over us. One of our elders, Eric told the congregation what I was about to do in Haiti and the conditions there. I was deeply touched by each of them hugging me and praying over me. Godly men praying for protection, courage and light in a very dark place.

Then Sunday evening our small group met as usual and we spent a lot of time talking about my trip and what it all entails. Each and everyone of the group prayed over me, pouring their hearts out to a Father asking for the care and protection of one of his daughters. I went home Sunday night feeling very covered in prayer. Ready to meet the challenges that will be put before me.

Many people came up to me after church and told me they were praying and never before have I felt so in need of those prayers. Scripture says, perfect love casts out fear. I believe it and am so thankful I will have a small army of people praying daily for my adventure.

God's people are prayer warriors  and for that I am truly thankful.




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment