Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I AM Thankful


Count your blessings, name them one by one. Count your blessings, see what God has done. There is a song in the hymnal called Count Your Blessings. Our apartment is being overrun by huge suitcases, medical supplies and baby stuff. My desk is crazy. I barely have enough room to type because all the "stuff" is crowding the key board. I am squeezed into this tiny space, threatening to explode. But explode I will NOT.

I am so happy today, not just grateful but happy. Happy that my dream of serving others outside the borders of our country is coming true. Happy because I have amazing friends who have stepped up to make this all possible. I remember when I first read the article on the back of Midwifery Today. Wanted, midwives to come and serve in a birth center for Haitian women. The statistics are daunting.

I remember my first conversation with hubby about the possibility to go on this adventure. How in the world will we pay for the trip he asks? With a smile I assured him God would provide. And boy has he provided! From the perfect stranger in the bank who closed out her account one day while I was there and handed me the money and told me to get help women in a foreign country to a long time reader who knows a whole lot more about me then I do her. To all my dear sweet friends and family members who stepped up without question. To an OB doctor who has been to Haiti and has stories to tell and medical supplies for me. To the woman who has collected 50, yes 50 receiving blankets and wants to donate them to Mama Baby.

Generous hearts all of them. I will be taking a brand new top of the line fetal doppler with me along with iron supplements, cranberry pills for urinary tract infections, to protein powder, cloth diapers and a myriad of other things,  and to the church that supplied all my shots to go over in the first place. Generous hearts all of them.

The time is short and I still have three babies to held deliver before I go. My heat overflows with thankfulness today. God is my redeemer and to him I gave all praise and honor.

In Christ Alone,




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment