Tuesday, August 27, 2013
I woke this morning to the sound of thunder and rain. I love storms which probably makes me a tad weird but I love listening to them. As I lay there listening to the pounding rain I started to count my blessings.
The past week has been pretty lousy. I ended up with bronchitis with a cough that sounded like I needed to be in a tuberculosis chamber. I hate being sick but there was nothing I could do but take my medicine, drink lots of water and rest. I missed running in the CRIM and I missed work. The cough is mostly gone and it's a brand new week so it is time to get back on the gratitude bandwagon.
So in no particular order here are the things I thanked God for this morning while the storm beat on the windows.
1. I am thankful for a roof over my head so I can hear the rain on the roof
2. I am thankful that I have a husband that is faithful to the LORD
3. I am thankful that I got to spend the day with Serenity just talking
4. I am thankful that Michael gets to experience going away to a Christian college
5. I am thankful that I get to serve a family that is really struggling
6. I am thankful that Thursday is our 36th wedding anniversary
7. I am thankful that God has not given up on me, he continues to mold and shape me
8. I am thankful that I get to teach God's word to a woman who thirsts for truth
9. I am thankful my grandchildren are being raised to love the one and only true God
10. I am thankful that I am well enough to go back to work.
The storm is pounding the windows, the thunder is roaring like a lion but I am safe inside. Life's storms may beat on my windows but my soul is forever the LORD's and for that I will praise Him.
What are you thankful for today? I would love to know.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".