Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Gratituesday



I woke this morning to the sound of thunder and rain. I love storms which probably makes me a tad weird but I love listening to them. As I lay there listening to the pounding rain I started to count my blessings.
 The past week has been pretty lousy. I ended up with bronchitis with a cough that sounded like I needed to be in a tuberculosis chamber. I hate being sick but there was nothing I could do but take my medicine, drink lots of water and rest. I missed running in the CRIM and I missed work. The cough is mostly gone and it's a brand new week so it is time to get back on the gratitude bandwagon.
So in no particular order here are the things I thanked God for this morning while the storm beat on the windows.

1. I am thankful for a roof over my head so I can hear the rain on the roof
2. I am thankful that I have a husband that is faithful to the LORD
3. I am thankful that I got to spend the day with Serenity just talking
4. I am thankful that Michael gets to experience going away to a Christian college
5. I am thankful that I get to serve a family that is really struggling
6. I am thankful that Thursday is our 36th wedding anniversary
7. I am thankful that God has not given up on me, he continues to mold and shape me
8. I am thankful that I get to teach God's word to a woman who thirsts for truth
9. I am thankful my grandchildren are being raised to love the one and only true God
10. I am thankful that I am well enough to go back to work.

The storm is pounding the windows, the thunder is roaring like a lion but I am safe inside. Life's storms may beat on my windows but my soul is forever the LORD's and for that I will praise Him.

What are you thankful for today? I would love to know.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Last night I was thinking about how I am thankful for relationships like yours and Rich's. (I don't mean your relationship with me- I mean with each other.) I am thankful that there are still people in this world, even if I don't know them, who are doing things right. Men who are hardworking and faithful, dedicated to their wives and families, and most of all to their Lord, strong and honorable even in the small things. Women who are graceful in nature, honoring their God and their husbands in all they do, realizing the high calling and responsibility of motherhood, and teaching their children to serve the Lord and others with joy and thankfulness. Couples like this are seldom found, both because they are so rare, and because they go about their lives quietly and without any special attention being paid to them. They are like diamonds in a mud puddle. I am privileged to have met such a couple in Rich and Jill, happy anniversary to you both!
    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am deeply humbled. Thank you Jen. To the glory of God.

    ReplyDelete