Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Gratituesday




Boy oh boy, do I have a wonderful item to be grateful for today. First let me set the stage. Most of you know I have a real love for life. I cherish my children and grandchildren. Family is a special gift that I don't take for granted. When you combine my love of family with my love of midwifery there could be a special time combining the two. Honestly, I never thought I would be given the privilege to be a midwife for any of our children.

Never say never someone wise once said. We got a call from our son in the Plain Community last week. Guess what? Our daughter in law is pregnant. A precious baby is growing inside of her. Not only that but they want ME to catch the baby. Never in a million years would I have guessed I would be given the opportunity to catch one of my grandbabies.

Our daughter in law would prefer to birth her babies all alone since she is a private person. In fact last baby was born in a tiny cabin with almost no warning. The midwife didn't get there till the baby was three hours old. Son caught his own baby. Apparently, they have decided Grammy is invited to come catch the baby. I have my catchers mitt ready to roll come next March! For that, I am truly grateful!



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Yay!
    Congratulations Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! glad I found you once again....really enjoy your post. My husband changed our blog to 'Our Old front porch' come visit. Your sister In Christ, ana :)

    ReplyDelete