Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Showers of Blessings


What a beautiful summer we have had here in Michigan. Typically we don't get rain or cool weather but this year we have gotten both. I am not a fan of 95 degrees with 95% humidity. But this year we got a lovely break from all that heat.

We have gotten liquid sunshine too. We were sitting in church Sunday morning and all the sudden I hear what sounded like heavy rain and sure enough it had poured. Several other days we have just had one downpour after another. The grass is green and the flowers are lovely. What an unexpected season in the middle of another season.

Speaking of season. Are you thankful for the season you are in right now? Or are you pining for the next one to hurry up and get here? It is SO easy to jump ahead and forget to embrace the season we are in. Newborns don't stay newborns very long. Those late night feedings end in the blink of an eye. Toddlers don't stay toddlers long either. Each season is a gift from God and so let's embrace right where we are at!

What are YOU thankful for today friend? I would love to know.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Today I am thinking about the way my Lord is working so faithfully for me. He prepares opportunities for me to serve Him, He prepares ways for me to be protected and provided for, He prepares opportunities for me to learn and grow. I am so like a little child- I jump around in excitement, I cling to Him in fear, I want to know what's going to happen next, and I impatiently whine "are we there yet?".

    Today I am mindful of his constancy and Fatherly love, how He prepares good things for me.

    ReplyDelete