Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Journey Days 2 and 3




I am reminded once again that I can not do this journey alone. It was a rough day yesterday. Of all times to get a truly awful sinus headache that would not let up. I sneezed through prenatal and postpartum visits. I can count on one hand the times I have had a real headache and yesterday was a doozy! On the way home I went through a drive through and got hot chocolate hoping the caffeine would help. It did not. All I wanted to do when I got home is put on my pajamas and vegetate.

Yesterday one of my colleagues and I were discussing midwifery. We have a tendency toward perfectionism. We want to not only know every skill but perform every skill perfectly. I know enough to know that it is not possible to achieve perfection even when you have been practicing midwifery or any other profession for a long time. At least not every time. We were talking about our training being a marathon and not a sprint. The same applies to just about every area of our lives.

If you look at raising children the same thing applies. It is a marathon that takes many years. This food addiction I have been struggling with for the last 5 or 6 years will not disappear in a day unless of course the LORD would want to miraculously take it away. What do you struggle with friend? Is it a food addiction or something else? Whatever it is, we are not in a sprint which is a good thing since I am not a sprinter at anything. Slow and steady wins the race?

The questions of the day are this;

1. Did you spend some time day at the Lord's table? Meaning, are we spending time in God's word. Feasting on his words. Today the answer to that question is yes. I have a very long commute with both of the midwives I am training under. So I decided to bring my Bible on tape. I meditated on the book of Matthew while driving yesterday.

2. Have you exercised? Yes I did. I got up very early which is the best time of the day for me and started a very gentle program called Ease into 5K. I am doing with my niece Kate and so we accomplished our first day.

3. Have you been disciplined in your eating habits today? NO I was not. I kept thinking if I put something else in my mouth it would help the headache. Plus hubby brought home chips and dip and I indulged. It is not a good look for me. Insert a sad face here.

4. Today was supposed to be a liquid day. That means I am to eat one normal meal and then the other two liquid meals. I have to do some research on the healthiest way for me to go about that.

So there you have it. I am not giving up because this is a journey, a long road that begins with just a step. Today my friend I take courage in the scripture that says, Be still and KNOW that I am God.

Let me know how you are doing on this journey.
In Christ Alone,





Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Jill,
    I want you to know I am praying for you in your journey. You are such an amazing person!

    I know how it feels to gain weight due to stress. Last year between Feb and Aug I put on 70 lbs while living my worst nightmare. I have taken some weight off but I still feel uncomfortable. Soon I hope to join you in this plan- it seems like a good one,and with good company! :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it is helpful Jen. Glad you have joined!

      Delete