Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Guest Blogger Little Miss Katie




Singing This Baby Into the World by Katie





Do you remember the birth story of Baby U? We sang this baby into the world. It is easily one of my top three births. If you didn't get to read it then you can click on the link below. Once you have read the birth story come on back and read baby Jake's big sister Kate's perspective of the birth. Our birth team just love this whole family. Katie is very special. Such a loving young lady who absolutely adores her baby brother.
http://gratituesday.blogspot.com/2013/06/singing-baby-into-world.html



Dear Miss Jill,

Here is my story of Jake's birth--

I was sleeping in my room when my grandma woke me up and told me that my mom was in labor. It was just light outside. I was really excited and I couldn't wait to see my baby brother. I didn't even think about breakfast. Right away, I was happy crying because my mom was having Jake.

I came into my dad and mom's room in my robe and pajamas. I apologized to Miss Wendy because I hadn't even gotten dressed or done my hair or even brushed my teeth!  I saw that my mom was in labor. I said, "Good morning!”, but she was too busy to reply.
I sat with my grandma then Miss Wendy came over and gave me plastic gloves and a newborn baby hat. She said that I could help!  I looked at my grandma in astonishment. I went over to my mom and I got my mom cool towels to put on her neck and head. I heard Miss Jill and my dad saying to her, “You can do it! You are strong! Christ is with you!” I stood by Miss Courtney and Miss Wendy. Everyone was singing and I sang too. I could see Jake’s head! I was overjoyed. I told everyone that I needed a “crying break” because I was so happy. I went over to my room and closed the door and sat on my chair and cried for a minute and thanked God, then I opened the door and went back to the parent’s room to finish the birth. When he came out, they put Jake on momma’s chest. I didn’t get to see him do the breast crawl because I was busy getting breakfast.

I was so happy that everyone was there. The midwives were all my friends. They love me and they hugged me whenever I needed a hug. I am so happy for my brother. I love him very much.

I want to thank Miss Jill for having me as a guest blogger. I love everyone who got to read this blog.
Katie, age 8 ½







Feel free to leave a comment for this new young blogger as encouragement.








Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story from a wonderful big sister! Wow! Love you back, Kate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet story of your experience. I know you will be a great help to your mom and a wonderful big sister to little Jake. GOD BLESS you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your beautiful story, Katie! It made me do the "happy cry" right along with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful story! Your Mom will always treasure you being there and showing such love. I can tell that you will be a fine Mama someday yourself. Congratulations on your new brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job writing about your experience. I have read many stories written by 8-year-olds and I must say that this is the best. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    Lana B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Katie for sharing your story with us. It is fine. You are a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Katie how sweet of you to share your story. Thank you so very much. Jake is one lucky boy to have such a caring big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katie, how very well explained and clear your story is. Thank you for taking the time to write it and using your talent to make it interesting and fun. Congratulations on your new baby brother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful piece Katie! Thank you for sharing. I can tell you love your family very very much; they are lucky to have you in their lives. It is great to hear about the bond you share with the midwives! God bless you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful thing for you to have the privilege of experiencing! I enjoyed your story very much, and it sounds like you are going to be a wonderful big sister. Congratulations on your baby brother.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you Miss Kate :) miss you and thanks for sharing your great post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing your story with us Katie, it was beautiful to read about your brother's birth and I'm happy you got to be there for it. Have fun being a big sister!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Katie, Great job writing your account of Jake's birth!!! Your momma and I are so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete