Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Gratituesday




Good morning and happy Gratituesday! This is the day that is set aside each and every week to stop and be grateful. We all have been blessed no matter where we find ourselves. Stop and count your blessings today with me.

On my birthday two years ago I spent the day working at our congregations food bank and clothing store. I thought it was the coolest birthday gift to myself, serving people in need. There is a huge need here in Flint Michigan. It is a city riddled with murder, gangs, drugs and high unemployment. Our congregation is smack dab in the middle of it.

For two years I have served. I scheduled everything I did around that day. It was sacred and I let nothing except an actual birth come in the way of the ministry. I grew to love the people I served with. I  had the privilege to pray with many people who came through our doors. It was the highlight of my week. I say all that to say, last week I had to say good-bye to a ministry I have loved.

When I was hired by my first boss Wendy, she told me that in order to be a well rounded midwife I needed to work with multiple midwives. I didn't know how that would work since it is very difficult to find one midwife to take on a student let alone two or three. I prayed though and the LORD provided.

I am now apprenticing under not one but two very seasoned midwives in the surrounding area. Both have very busy practices. Of course my new boss has two days of office hours and wouldn't you know but Tuesday is one of those days. Some times choices are hard to make. I was hoping this day would not come where I had to say good-bye to the ministry I served. But now I get to serve in a new way.

My new boss Kate, has given me a 90 day trial apprenticeship with her. Last week I spent Tuesday and Wednesday with her. She has a sweet office in an old mansion that is beautiful. Kate was originally a childbirth educator so we spent several hours going over skills those first two days. Her clientel is as diverse as Wendy's which means there is never a dull moment.

I am so blessed to now get to work under two great midwives. The LORD continues to bless this journey I am on and for that I am truly grateful. Now I just have to figure out how to be at double the amount of births each month!


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful to have been blessed with the gift of language. I'm currently looking for students to teach Mandarin or English to, and have taken a break during my searching to say, "Thanks, God, for allowing me to know two languages."

    It's by His grace and help that I have been able to do this, and I pray to use this gift to further His Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful that my Lord sustains me, and has given me an opportunity to direct my sons' lives in the direction of Him. I am thankful for His provision in so many ways! (Like a certain Scout troop and Godly men as role models which my sons crave!)

      So many other things... Miracles everywhere... :)

      Delete