Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Gratituesday July 2nd





I have been training for a run called the Crim in Detroit. It started out with a way for the gals I work with to have some fun. Well, fun is certainly not the word I would use since I run like an elephant. But I was up for the challenge and off I went.

I have been doing a lot of running out at a local Y on their track which is .4 miles around once. I usually have a work out buddy but she was basking in the sun of Alaska last week so I was running alone.

When I got to the track I was all ready to do 2 straight miles with no stops. I put on my little i-pod to play some good music and started out. It was early morning so the heat had not kicked in yet but the humidity sure did. I was beyond drenched after the first lap. I started feeling like I pulled a muscle in my groin and then my left hip felt like it had popped out of joint. I ended up doing more walking than jogging that day. I stretched later and thought nothing of it until the next day.

Baby W was born after multiple hours of pushing. By the time we were cleaning up my groin was killing me. All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball. I took the next day off and slept and read. I should have gone to the chiropractor right away but it just didn't work out. I ended up going on Friday and my hip when lying down wasn't even on the table, I was a mess!

I crawled home and then spent the next 4 days icing and heating my lower back. I took pain meds that should have knocked me out and didn't. Through it all I rested the best I could. I did school work and am now one paper away from finishing my next unit.

It also gave me a new appreciation for my husband who is forced to sit, day after day, week after week,  month after month and year after year through this terrible disease and he doesn't complain. No pity parties for him. He just remains faithful to God and his plans. So today I am thankful for faithfulness. I am so grateful for a husband who is faithful no matter what.

What are you thankful for today? I would love to hear.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment