Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gratituesday



Gratituesday is a day to step back and count our blessings.  I never tire of having Tuesday roll around because I know it is so important to have a thankful heart. It's not always easy mind you. Life happens and life is not always easy.

I am thankful we live in a country where we are free to express how we feel. I am thankful that we are free to worship the way we felt led. All of these freedoms were not free or cheap. Thousands have given their lives to keep those freedoms.

My own husband felt at a very early age that he needed to support his country and give his career to the military and fight if necessary to keep those freedoms. He faithfully served 22 years. Scores of young people have signed up on the dotted line and raised their right hands and went to protect our country through countless wars. Some of those young people never came home alive.

I think of the soldiers who were so young they didn't even have much to shave! Countless of them ended up digging fox holes and jumping in them for hours at a time. Many nights in those holes praying that they would see the next day. The sheer terror of hearing and seeing  the enemy fire on them.

Mom's and Dad's, sisters and brothers, aunt and uncles have had to lay their soldiers into the ground because they gave the ultimate sacrifice. For these people I say a huge thank you. The price they paid was the ultimate sacrifice someone can give, their all.

It also reminds me of another sacrifice several thousand years ago. God's son left heaven to come down and become a man. He knew the end of the story already. He would have to die an awful death to redeem mankind. He knew it would be ugly but he chose to do it anyway. I am so very thankful.

Who or what are you thankful for today? Please share, I would love to know.



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Amen! Well said. Tell Rich thank you for doing his part all those years!
    I think you need a song for your Gratituesday blog. It should be a song that Petra sings...Thankful Heart. Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Deb. How do I put a song on my blog?

      Delete