Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Gratituesday



 A heart of thanksgiving. That is how our LORD wants us to live. Some of you are probably saying, you have know I idea how rough my life is right now. How can I be thankful when my life is crumbling right before my eyes?  

I hung out in that pit some years ago, I know how hard it can be to be thankful. I also know that life is not always pretty. Sometimes babies die, some times Mama's and Daddy's die, I know.

Our hearts can be broken apart by divorce and the splintering of family. God doesn't ask us to be thankful only when times are good. It is easy to give thanks when your world is going well. When your marriage is perfect and your children are the very fount of knowledge and respect.

Most of us will agree, life is messy. Contrary what you see posted on facebook, we aren't all going on cruises and climbing mountains 24/7! 

What if we chose to live a life of thankfulness even though our lives are messy? Let's try and chose thankfulness. We have an amazing Creator who loves us and is willing to walk through all of life's messes.  For that, I am truly thankful.

What about you? What are YOU thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment