Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Ancient Paths

  But my people have forgotten me; they make offerings to false gods; they made them stumble in their ways, in the ancient roads, and to walk into side roads, not the highway,
Jer 18:15 (ESV)

I have loved this passage for a very long time.  I was reminded the other day jsut how hard it is to walk on the path God has for us.  I am a substitute mentor mom for MOPS for the next couple of months. I love MOPS. When we lived in Colorado I became very involved with the organization.  I love ministering to the next generation of mom's. They are a lively bunch with lots of great ideas.

We got into a discussion about raising girls, boxing and cage fighting.  Never would I have dreamed those three topics would be talked about in the same sentence!  The discussion really made me think about our worldview.  If our worldview is centered on God's word and we have accepted God as our Savior then we need to think like God thinks.

I will confess that it is hard at times to think like God thinks. It is hard to swim upstream. It is hard to refrain from chocolate ice cream when everyone else is eating chocolate!  This reminds me of the scripture that tells us to daily take up our cross. Now that cross is not a pretty little gold cross on a chain, worn around the neck.  It is a cross that has splinters, that is heavy to carry, that is a burden.

So what does girl cage fighting have to do with anything?  How do we raise the next generation of young ladies? Do we keep to the ancient paths or veer off to a side ride that will not get us to our destination? Something to think about today?

In Christ Alone,
Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment