Thursday, January 3, 2013

It Only Takes One

Good morning and welcome to 2013 on my blog. Right before New Years Eve I was reminded of the years I have blogged through the Bible in 90 days.  Suddenly I felt the urge to once again read through God's Word again, front to back.  I realized there was no time to prepare everyone to get on board so I decided to do it alone with no set time frame.  My goal then is to read from Genesis to Revelation in a fairly rapid pace. If you would like to join me then by all means, jump on board friend.

I have been thinking alot about the new year. I love the sense of wonderment at a fresh start, new with no mistakes in it.  A time to turn the page and start over again.  God must have felt a similar sense when he found the earth in shambles.  Every thought of man was evil. Stop for a minute and think about that. EVERY thought and deed was evil.  How long did it take from the perfect garden filled with beauty to a sin sick world filled with every weed possible, both literally and figuratively. How long God did you watch the disintegration of everything good?  How he must have grieved.  The beauty of the garden along with it's smells of life teeming everywhere has been gone for a good long while.

Scripture tells us in Genesis 6:6 that God's heart was grieved.  I know deep within my core grief. It breaks my heart when I think of the times I, Jill Roper have grieved the heart of God.  Here in Genesis, God wasn't just grieved in His heart for one person but for the 99.9%.  They were all corrupt except one.

If it had not been for the one he would have wiped out the entire earth filled with all creatures including his finest creation, the ones that were made in His image, man. Verse 8 is the kicker and it starts with a big BUT. "But, Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD."

It struck me when I was reading this, it only took one man to save the entire human race. One is a pretty impressive number friend.  It reminds me of the story of the little girl tossing star fish back into the ocean. She is standing on the shore with hundreds of starfish litering the beach. It could be overwhelming but she gladly picks one up at a time and throws it back into the ocean.  Someone came by and said she was being foolish because there were so many she couldn't possibly get them all back in. Standing there alone on that beach with one star fish she said, "but for this one starfish it makes all the difference in the world." 

It only takes one my precious friend. This is a new year so I want to challenge you to be that one who makes a difference.  Search out, pray about that one you can minister to.  And while you are making a difference to that one tell them the story of the ONE who gave His life to save all who come to him. That is the most important difference you can make in the life on one.

Till next time.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Short, to the point and powerful. You've always had a way with words Jill. Thank you for your continuous service to the Lord in all that you do.

    ReplyDelete