Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Gratituesday

Good morning world.  Today is my second favorite day of the week.  It's Tuesday and that means it is Gratituesday.  A time we stop and smell the roses. A pause to let the creator of the universe know just how thankful we are.  The second reason Tuesday's are so special is because I get to hang out and work with an amazing group of peope.

This group of people have a heart for the downtrodden.  They live out the command to serve the least of these.  Each and every Tuesday, come rain or snow or sleet, this group comes together and serves the poorest parts of Flint.

H.I.S. ministry stand for Helping Individuals Succeed.  The system is really impressive.  We give away a box full of food, we give away clothes and new shoes and brand new coats for the needy.  We listen to the heartache and pray with those who want to be prayed over.

It is such a big operation it takes about 35 people each week to make all this happen. As an added bonus I get to serve right along with my oldest grandson Matthew. He too finds Tuesday to be the highlight of his week.  I am so proud of him for having a tender heart for those who are less fortunate than him.

Thank you Father for allowing me to work alongside amazing people who have a heart for the least of these.
What are you grateful for today?



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. What a service and way to feel so useful. God bless all of u for what u do. You are truly God's servant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to but anonymous because I do not have a URL. Danna

    ReplyDelete