Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Gratituesday

A brand new year, with no mistakes in it yet, now that is something to be thankful for indeed.  I have something extra special to be thankful for today, my precious husband. 

We started out 2012 in hospice. None of us thought Rich would make it. At that point it had been almost three years of debilitataing pain and disease.  It was time to go home to be with the LORD. Apparently that was not God's plan and by March he was off hospice.  However, God chose not to heal Rich for whatever reason.  We have spent the last several months learning how to live in a way that we never would have imagined 4 years ago.

He fights post herpetic neurolgia day in and day out.  There is never relief just constant pain. Unless you have lived with it  you have no clue just how wearing it is. There is never a break, but my husband has NEVER given up. He could have easily given up at any point on this path but not my husband. He is determined to learn the lessons God has for him and try to be content right where he is.

The other day he earned hubby of the year. I had two births back to back.  I was beyond exhausted, I was slap happy.  When I walked in the door he had candles burning, sheets folded down, waiting for me, the shower ready and a kiss.  I took a much needed shower and slipped under those wonderful sheets and slept for 15 straight hours.  During that time he had washed all my clothes and got me ready for the next birth by laying everything out for me.  In spite of all the pain he served me.

I am deeply humbled and very grateful for a husband who can still find ways to serve those he loves. He is my hero and the love of my life.

What are you thankful for today?



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful testimony of love and God's grace. I am inspired by the fact that in the middle of his pain, your husband is learning to be content.

    ReplyDelete