Monday, December 3, 2012

Wrestling



 The other day I came across a video of a woman having an MRI of her twins.  It was the first time I had seen inside the womb so clearly.  The twins were jockeying for space.  One seemed to be towering over the littler one.  The littler one was kicking his sibling, it was precious. 

It reminds me of Isaac and Rebekah.  God had promised an heir but nothing was happening.  You remember what happens when a woman is barren back in the Old Testament? Scorn, ridicule and being ostracized by the other women were a woman's lot in life without a baby.  But, in God's perfect timing, so that no one could claim it was natural, God gave them twins.

Poor Rebekah, she didn't have the technology to know she was carrying twins. As a first time Mom she had no clue what was going on inside of her but she could feel the tumult!   Recently I was watching a video of a delivery and the mama's belly was tossing and turning from side to side and up and down looking like torrent waves inside her womb!

Rebekah was a wise woman because she went right to the source for her questions, God. If I could put her words into the 21st century it would be this, "God, what in the world is going on inside me? This is not how I imagined it would be. Why me LORD?"  Why me LORD?

There it is, that age old question, why me?   Have you ever said those words? I know I have.  Why LORD would you take away our ministry by hitting my husband with a life altering neurological disease? This is not how it was supposed to be!

So we wrestle, don't we?  Why is this happening to me?  If you would, go back to Genesis 25 and read verses 19-26.  We'll come back to some thoughts on the reading tomorrow. Until then, click on the link and watch a fascinating wrestling match.
 
 http://wtvr.com/2012/11/30/sibling-rivalry-video-shows-twins-fighting-in-the-womb/ 

In Christ Alone,
Jill
 


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment