Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Gratituesday


For the last couple of weeks the Salvation Army has people stationed in front of our local Wal-Mart ringing a bell collecting donations.  Some of the ringers look up when you walk up and some you never see their faces.  Not Gloria.

Gloria is in a class on her own. The first time I saw her she seemed to be talking to herself, rather loudy! She was telling the story of baby Moses in rap form, it was great.  Then she started to tell the story of Jesus' birth in a manger.  She is one gutsy woman on top of being so enthusiastic. She obviously loves the LORD. She oozes love.  The first time I talked with her she called me baby.  Now I don't know how you feel about  being called baby, but I find it sweet and endearing.

So today I go back to Wal-Mart and there is Gloria. When she saw me from a distance she waved and I smiled. I hugged her neck and told her how much I appreciated her coming and sharing the good news of Jesus Christ. Gloria is a wonderful lady that shows everyone who goes through the doors of Wal-Mart that  you can find joy anywhere, any time.

I think the world needs more Gloria's!  I am thankful that I get to see and hear her stories. She is a great reminder to be thankful for the little things.
What are you thankful for?
In Christ Alone,
Jill





Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment: