Monday, November 26, 2012

Remember

 I know that if I don't write something down I will simply forget, and that drives me crazy!  I hate forgetting things like keys not where they are supposed to be.  I search and search for my glasses before I watch a movie because I simply can't remember where I put them.  In fact, there is a joke in my family.  When we were discussing starting over again having more children our very wise 16 year old daughter said this, "Mother, there is a very good reason why women your age don't have children."  Oh why is that Serenity? "Because they forget where they put them Mother!"  I died laughing at the time but 20 years later, hmm.

Our creator knew we would be forgetful people.  When God wanted His people to remember something he instituted a festival or something to help them.  The Passover is a great example.  The night the Israelites left for the promised land they were told to slaughter a pig and put the blood over the doorways so the angel of death would pass over those who were faithful. From that time on the Passover was given as a remembrance for the people of the mercy of God.

So, with that in mind, what does God want us to remember in the 21st century?  Here is a partial list that comes to my mind.

1.God wants us to remember that we were bought with a price, a very high price  (1 Cor. 6:20)
2.God wants us to remember that at one time we were separated from Christ and had no hope. (Eph 2:12)
3. God wants us to remember that He loves us more than we will ever comprehend.  (John 3:16)
4. God wants us to remember that loving the "least of these" is loving God himself  (Matthew 25:40)
5. God wants us to remember that we should live a life of a servant.  (Romans 12:1)

What things to you think God wants YOU to remember? I would love to hear.

In Christ Alone,
Jill


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment