Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratituesday A Huge Blessing


Let me introduce you to my baby, Michael.  He is the one who is tall ( 6 feet 3 inches tall) dark and very handsome. He is also the one with the ball.  Michael has loved a ball, any kind of ball since he was a baby. We were astonished that under 2 years of age that boy could throw a ball exactly where he wanted it to land. It didn't matter if it was a football, a softball, basketball or nerf ball, he could throw.

Michael is our last boy to leave the nest.  Two years ago we put him in a wonderful Christian high school so that he could play ball.  We made an agreement that he had to carry at least a 3.0 at all times and he could play any sport he wanted.This year so far he has straight A's.

He is a real leader in the school.  Most people call him Big Mike at school.  He is not only a leader but a mentor for the younger boys.  Everyone loves him, none more than his parents.  It has been a pleasure to raise this man cub of mine.  God has blessed our family because of him.  I can't imagine life without him.

Today Michael started his last basketball season since he is a senior.  I have tried to impress upon him that his senior year is the most special.  I want him to grasp the significance of this last year.  Embrace every experience of childhood till the very end.

I am also trying to embrace this senior year of his.  This season of my life is almost over.  I know all too well that the school year will end in the blink of an eye.  I know I will sit in those stands at every game and cheer him on knowing this is the last year I get to do this.

My heart is full of thanksgiving. I love this boy of mine that God gave me for just a little while. I will never forget the day he was placed in our arms as a gift from the LORD.  His Dad and I are so proud of the young man he has become.  Michael loves the LORD and has a heart of service. He can also play ball really well!

Thank you Father for all the years you have given us with Michael. For that, I am truly grateful.

In Christ Alone,
Jill


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment