Friday, November 30, 2012

Do YOU Want to Be Friends?

Several times recently I have received friend requests on facebook that I don't have a clue as to who they are.  "Social medias" as they are called are fascinating to me.  I spent several years saying I would not join facebook.  But then my sister Wendy came to help rescue me from the deep pit I had fallen into.  At the end of her time with me she recommended we sit down together and make a page for me.  I think she figured it would distract me.

Friends are an interesting topic to me.  It has been said that if you have one friend in life than you are blessed. Growing up I was blessed because I had one friend.  Her name was Stacey and she is the one who pointed me in the right direction finding the LORD.  Stacey and I shared our dreams, our disappointments and our fears.  We were " real" with each other. We cried and laughed together. I have always thought of her as my very first "kindred spirit".

When I use the word friend what I really mean is a kindred spirit. In my entire life I have had a handful of kindred spirits and I am truly blessed.  SO, what does that have to do with anything you might be thinking?

The most important friend in the world to have is God. Scripture tells us that God was friends with Abraham. “And scripture was fulfilled that says, Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness and he was called a friend of God.” James 2:23
In the big scheme of things which would be better, 1000 friends on facebook or one friend that’s name is God? Something to ponder today.
In Christ Alone,
Jill







Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment