Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Can You Hear HIS Voice?

 There is music blaring in the background. Perhaps it is screaming kids or traffic for miles all honking their horns.  May it is the T.V. that you find blaring.  I will never forget the funny commercial about Calgon bubble bath.  A very harried and distraught Mom is standing in the middle of chaos. The baby is in one arm, the dog is jumping all over her, a toddler is pulling at her for attention and then the phone rings at the same time the door bell rings.  She then looks about and says, "Calgon, take me away." while the picture floating in her head is her sinking down into a tub filled with wonderful bubbles.

Have you ever felt like that?  I bet that most of us would say our lives our filled with more scenes than we can count that look and feel like that poor mother!  The world is filled with people and things that want our attention 24/7.  Never have we been so connected and have so much information at our fingertips.  It makes my head spin when I think about everything that screams at me for attention.

I am certain Jesus felt that way on a certain day when the crowds were demanding all of him.  They wanted to be touched, some wanted healing, some wanted to argue with him and some just wanted their children to sit on his lap. Some were thirsty and others were hungry, so many needs to be met.  When the demands were getting overwhelming Jesus did what we should be doing.  Taking one on one time with his Papa.

Many times in scripture Jesus goes off alone whether it is early morning or late evening and says in essence I need time alone with my Father to recharge my battery so I can hear what He has to say to me.  Because Jesus was fully God and fully man this concept was probably thrust upon him a lot. Remember that before Jesus came down from heaven he was in perfect harmony with the Father.  When he took on human form he was faced with crowds and had to step away from them so that he could hear from his Abba.

If we never take the time to step away and meditate we lose one of the most valuable aspects of our relationship with God.  He has so much to share with us but we can't hear because we don't take the time to listen.

One of my all time favorite scriptures is found in Psalms 46:10  Be still and know that I am GOD .  We will never experience a rich and loving relationship with God until we are still so that we CAN know.  How do we do that?  Stay tuned for some suggestions.

In Christ Alone,
Jill


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment