Sunday, November 25, 2012

A New Season

 I woke to the beautiful first real snow of the season.  It is stunningly beautiful. God does such amazing things and for that I am very grateful.
 
Did you know that each snowflake is a one of a kind?  Got created each individual flake to be unique. In the same vein God created you and I so different and yes, very unique.  Even identical twins are not exactly the same. 

Over the years I have learned that being unique is a blessing and not a curse.  When you are young you want to be like everyone else.  Especially as a teen you want to dress like everyone else, listen to the same music etc.  As a new Mom I remember being critical of other Mom's who were "different" than I was. 

Why does everyone have to be just like everyone else?  We don't because we have a heavenly Father who made us unique, just like the snowflake.  There is great freedom in Christ.  Sure, there are core values that as followers of Christ we follow but it is apparent that God appreciates uniqueness.

A new season begins today with the snow that has fallen.  The whiteness of the snow reminds me of new beginnings.  For this moment the snow covered lawns are fresh and white.  Each day is brand new for you and I.   We can vow today to be better than we were yesterday.  Better at sharing, better at giving and better at being a faithful follower of Christ.

Join me, wont you?

In Christ Alone,
Jill


Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment