Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Gratituesday

We drove and we drove, and then we drove some more.  My buddy Rayetta and I decided some months ago that we needed to go make a road trip after the kids were back in school.  Somewhere not too far, but certainly far enough.  New England became our destination, New Hampshire specifically. 

Four months before our son Daniel left for New Hampshire to work on a very large farm for a year.  I had seen a couple of pictures of the place but I was not the one who drove him there.  This was the longest stretch we had ever gone without seeing Daniel.  I figured by now he could use a Mama hug.

So off we went.  Did you know that driving through New York state alone can take most of one day? Both Rayetta and I had lived in upper New York as young moms but had not known each other back then.  The scenery was as beautiful as I had remembered it.  Green Mountain is beautiful.  The colors had already started to change and became more brilliant the farther north east we went.

What a delight to see our son.  I have called him my "man-cub" for a long time, that is until this trip.  No cub anymore.  Full man, responsible for himself.  I am so thankful that God put him right where he needed to be. I am thankful there were 3Christian young men over 40 years ago that envisioned a place that would provide a safe place for young men to mature through just plain old hard work. A place where you grow your own food. A place that offers serenity.  A place for young men to envision a life serving God.

Rayetta and I stayed till after morning worship and if there was ever doubt before Sunday morning there was no doubt now. God, the Father of the Universe was and is in that place. You could just feel the presence of the LORD.  What an awesome experience.

For that I am thankful to the LORD for the opportunity to go and see now only another part of God's country but a time to affirm my "man-cub" is now a man serving the LORD right where He put him. What an amazing God we serve.

Happy Gratituesday.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got to see your "man-cub" and take a nice road trip!

    ReplyDelete