Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gratituesday

What a wonderful weekend we had!  For the second time this summer my precious sister Wendy had a daughter get married.  Two in one summer is quite a feat for anyone.  Not my sister.  She is grace under fire. She embodies the calmest soul in any circumstances.  She and my brother in law raised three amazing young women.  The last got married this past Saturday night. 

All of the "Jost" kids were together once again.  This weekend was made even more special when three of us got together before the wedding and went down memory lane and visited our old stomping grounds.  Some memories were quite painful.  There were hugs and tears. There was also alot of laughing.  Seems my sweet little sister was taught somewhere along the line that laughter was good for you.  She told me that laughter exercises our livers and they need exercising every single day!  :) 

As I get older I realize that time is so precious.  I hope and pray the the LORD takes me before he takes any of my siblings.  I can't bear the thought of losing them.  We have been through so much together. We literally have walked out of the fire together.  I am so thankful God has blessed me with wonderful siblings.  They know my heart and I know theirs. Each one of them love the LORD with their whole hearts.  For that I am eternally grateful. 

What are you grateful for today? I would love to know.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Our heavenly Father is so good! I'm grateful for a loving brother and sister who can stand with me in prayer. Today, I'm especially grateful for my precious sister, Jill, who rescued my quilt top from my basement and completely finished it! A labor of love, it brings her to my mind whenever I look at it.

    ReplyDelete