Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gratituesday August 14

This summer has not turned out at all like I thought. I knew I had two weddings to go to which would only take up two weekends.  Then DS called and asked me to come ASAP to help our very pregnant DIL adjust to no electricity, no cars and canning everything you eat.  I spent 15 wonderful days there. Still waiting on the birth of the baby.

Then after the second wedding we came home for a couple of days and Rich and I went down to Tennessee for 6 days.  We stayed with his folks and saw Granny who is 88. Rich got to walk into church on his own and be with one of the congregations that have been such prayer warriors for us. So many people who continue to lift Rich and his health up to the Father, faithfully.  When it was announced they all clapped.

  We also got the opportunity to spend the day with one of my very favorite families on the planet, the Borcks. I had written about them a couple of years ago.  Mama Borck has 15 children.  I just adore her and her family.  She is definitely a kindred spirit.  Her children are such a delight.  They all call us Aunt Jill and Uncle Rich. They are SO precious.  We even got to spend almost an hour by ourselves (well almost by ourselves) just sharing our hearts. 

It is the best medicine in the world to spend time with those we treasure.  It reminds me once again that Heaven will be a fabulous homecoming.  And for that sweet one, I am very grateful!

What are you thankful for today? I would love to hear.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. What am I thankful for? I am thankful that I am reading a post from my dear friend Jill and she is telling me that her husband, Rich, walked into church on his own! That is certainly something to be thankful for:) My church is still praying for Rich and many ask about him. Thank you God for helping Rich get better and keep making him stronger!

    ReplyDelete