Sunday, May 20, 2012

" At the cross, at the cross where I first saw the light, and the burden of my heart rolled away, it was there by faith, I received my sight and now I am happy all the day."  


I love music.  It is a balm for my soul. Hymns give me courage to not give up.  Hymns remind me of what is important in my life.  They help me hold on to the promises that God has given me.  And, yes, they remind me that all my burdens can be left at the cross.  


Does life weigh you down at times? It sure does to me.  I find I need to be reminded over and over again that my burdens can be left at the cross.  You see, without the cross we have nothing. The cross is where the power is. 


Listen to Paul in 1 Corinthians 1:17-18
For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.
Christ the Wisdom and Power of God
18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of GodSo the cross is where we come in contact with the power of God.  There is power there that we have not even tapped yet!   Let's focus on the cross today. You and I will be blessed with the message of the cross.Till next time.In Christ Alone 



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment