Friday, March 9, 2012

KNOWING GOD


Do You KNOW God?

This past week our son Daniel has been home visiting with us. What a wonderful time it has been just to be with him. While driving in the car the other day I got a phone call from one of my sisters. In the conversation I had asked her if the person we were discussing knew God. I didn't really think any more about it till I hung up and Daniel said he had a question. He said that for as long as he could remember I had asked that question of people and was confused. He wanted to know why I ask that question of people. He said that the devil "knows" about God but that doesn't save him. Interesting question coming from my "man cub"!
When I use the term "knowing God" my frame of reference has absolutely nothing to do with having the knowledge concerning there being a God in the first place. When I use the word "know" I mean simply, "
Does that person have a relationship with God?" Everything, and I mean everything that matters in this world is this, do we have a relationship with Abba? Head knowledge is no substitute for a relationship. God is a jealous God and he wants our entire beings. It is that deep abiding that frames our "knowing God". Remember the Jesus Creed?
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment.

Matt 22:37-38 (ESV)

So then we need to ask ourselves this. What does it look like to love God with everything? Ponder if you will and I will meet you back here next time. Till then,

In Christ Alone,

Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Your post for today goes along so well with the class we had yesterday morning . . . we have to know Him so well that we are confident that He is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He will do.

    ReplyDelete