Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Dry and Thirsty Land

I had decided to not write anything for a while till I had a conversation with a dear, precious friend earlier today. She said my honesty encouraged others. I wasn't totally convinced but it gave me food for thought.

I have had a difficult time figuring out what to write lately. I have felt like a woman wandering in the desert dying of thirst. What do I have to offer? How can someone who is in desert walking have anything to offer you?

Here is what my precious friend told me that changed my mind. If I am honest with you and share my struggles then perhaps you will be encouraged to remain faithful to the LORD when your journey into desert walking comes. What do I want for you my friend? I want you to learn from someone who is walking in the desert that there is still hope.

It doesn't matter what the struggle you face is. What matters is how you face the struggle you are given. We all have struggles. Some are given by God to help us grow. Sometimes our struggles are homemade. We make our own messes. Can I hear an AMEN? I have made plenty of messes thank you very much! But, sometimes our struggles are given to us by God to help someone ELSE grow.

So here I am walking in the desert and wondering how I got to be where I am today. I am learning many very difficult things that I will be sharing over the next few weeks and months. It will force me to be transparent and it hurts, but that will not stop me because I am hoping what I am going through will help at least one other person.

We will be looking at our roles as godly women in a marriage. We will talk about our roles as mothers and I will share what lessons I am learning. All in hopes of encouraging one woman. Maybe you are just the woman I am writing for.

In the mean time I continue to walk in the desert but not without HOPE! Even though I don't understand why my family is going through this nightmare I know to the very core of my being that God will provide the water for my thirst. Even though I can't hear him I can still trust Him. He will never and I mean never abandon His people! For today that is enough for me to know.

Always in Christ Alone,
Jill






Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment