Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shedding Innocent Blood

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you , for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." Psalms 139

This very day a young high school girl by the name of "E" will walk into our local abortion clinic, sign away the life of her baby and then climb up on the cold hard steel table and allow the baby inside of her to be killed. She will go home afterwards and pretend nothing has happened while her already 2 year old will play around her.

I am sickened by "E"'s decision. A crisis pregnancy center did an ultrasound for free and showed her the baby. With tears streaming down her face she took the picture with her, but yet did not change her mind. Supposedly her mom would kill her if she found out she is pregnant again and kick her out of the house. She would rather let the baby die then give the baby to a couple who desperately want children.

Today this tragedy will play out in hundreds of cities all across our nation and for the most part it will all be done is silence. Who will stand up for these babies who have no voice? Around 3,000 babies will die today. Does anyone care? Are we so busy with our own lives that we shut out the plight of the most helpless in our society?

Innocent blood will be shed today. May God have mercy on a nation that allows such a travesty.

Till tomorrow















Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Morning Sister Jill :) My name is Ana,I am a member of the church of Christ from New England-Ct. now living in N.Calif. so very glad your back...I remember finding you on your last goodbye-post and was so sad :(, but now your back and I'm glad :) You are so right on the scripture and dire concern for our babies...Everyone talking of the *Komen decision on facebook*. Our sister in Christ a nurse told me, and I comment on *it*, that the political machine keeps churning at the expense of the human-lives of males & female that in the future may have been doctors or nurses at the bedside of the anti-lifers, then who would care for them...the future will claim their own. Sorry to sound so harsh at first meet...but I share your heartfelt care & concern. I pray for single moms and just yesterday I found a picture of a baby on 'secret postcards' that told the mother thank you for giving him/her life and that he/she found love with the adopted parents. I created a Polyvore set with it :)also my profile on Polyvore is 'augustana' with a pix of twin infants to get the message across...one baby is hugging the other and helped her heal faster. Well gotta go...Glad we could re-connect and Happy New Year & Valentines to you & yours. Sincerely your sister In Christ, Ana from Our front Porch...aharshaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete