Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Gratituesday February 28


Good morning precious one. I bet you thought I had left the planet! Last week I posted that I was heading out for a little R&R with my sister Robin. As I left for the airport that morning the snow started rather unexpectedly . At one point it looked like we were going to have a blizzard. I was so excited to be leaving the snow and heading to warmer weather.

When I landed my sister picked me up in a Mini Cooper with the top down! To be honest I had never heard of the car but it was just like my sister, cute and sassy! I marveled at the blue blue skies, the palm trees, the green grass and best of all, flowers. Everywhere we went there were flowers in the ground. It was so weird to see flowers blooming in the dead of winter.

I spent 2 amazing days with my sister. We sat out by her pool, we soaked in the sun, we talked and we talked and we talked some more. And yes, we exercised our livers! We went to the gym both days and worked out. We also went on a Segway tour. Now I had seen these contraptions in New York city being used by police officers. It never once occurred to me that they would be difficult to manage. Let me just say I was wrong!

These machines only stay upright if you balance on them. It is all in the toes and heels. The more our tour guide talked about safety and how to actually use one the more I was scared. Of course she saw my face and at the end of our instructions she pointed to me and said I was the first one to get on since I looked petrified. How can such a simple machine be so hard to manage? It took me quite a while but I finally figured it out. Once I did it was so much fun. What a great toy!

I came home refreshed. Two days of beautiful weather, wonderful sister bonding time and stress free living made a great getaway. I am so very grateful for the opportunity to go. A special thanks to our folks who cared for Rich while I was gone and a special thanks to my brother in law who supplied the buddy pass so I could come.

Thank you God for reminding me that there is still beauty in our world and to give me a little taste of heaven!
In Christ Alone,
Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment