Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gratituesday February 14th

Today is Gratituesday and I have a confession to make. I have done a lousy job recently of being grateful. I have lost sight of the plan God has for my life. My attitude has not been God honoring. I have just really struggled. I post on caring bridge updates for my husbands health and I shared that I was pretty discouraged. Not long afterwards I got a note from precious friend and sister in Christ. This is what she said;

Dear Jill,

I am so glad you don't lose sight of the fact that God is love and that He loves you both so much. The devil comes to steal, kill and destroy. Don't let him steal your joy or destroy your spirit. Thank God during this difficult trial.There is strength in praise. When you praise Him the burden gets easier and the load lighter. Remember to smile and find joy in every little thing that you can. This will destroy the discouragement that the devil wants to destroy you with. Count it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials. We love you and Rich and pray for you and your family daily.


The same day I got an email from Ann VosKamp's blog. This is what she said about the really tough times in our lives. She says to sing.

“It’s what my mother said too, Ann: When it is hardest — that is when you sing the loudest. The devil flees at a hymn.”

"The devil flees at hymns" To that I say amen. Today I am grateful for friends who will tell me the hard things and I thank God for women like Ann VosKamp who are authentic and will sing when all they want to do is give up.

So for today, I will be singing Abide With Me. Want to join me?




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to sing when you're down but it really can help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am guilty of having slipped a few times too! Its amazing how God works, in this case through your friends. What amazing words you shared today! It touched me :)

    Stopping by to say hi and check out your blog. Found you on the Heavenly Homemakers link up. Happy Day to you!
    Cindy
    http://vegetarianmamma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete