Thursday, February 9, 2012

Courage

I love the picture over to the left. Do you ever feel like that little kitty walking by a row of big ferocious German Shepherds? If you don't you ought to be!

Yesterday I shared the story of an innocent baby being killed at Planned Parenthood. It is a story that is played out every day in this country with little fan fare.

Would it be different if terrorists bombed one skyscraper each and every day killing 3,000 each time a building blew up? How long would it take for the nation to be up in arms? Would we tolerate that many people dying every day? Of course not! Yet, that many pre-born children die every day.

I was asked to meet with "E" and share our journey of adoption as an alternative to abortion. She agreed and a meeting was set up. We waited but she never showed up. In the end she did not want to hear about adoption. Why? I prayed for understanding. I could not get her out of my mind and prayers.

I searched for answers. How does someone make a decision like that? Here's what I found. In "E"s community the mama rules. The mama is the one who raises the children. Marriage is not common. Dad's are sperm donors. Adoption is considered the worse choice. Mama's don't give their babies away. So when another baby comes along and you are afraid your mama will kick you out of the house you "fix the problem" in the easiest way possible. In one public school in our area our congregation hosts Teen Mops. There are over 40 high school girls pregnant. 40 in one school? What's wrong with this picture?

When is the time right to stand up for godly principles? How many babies have to die before we say enough is enough? When will we have the courage to speak up? It is not politically correct to say the things I have said and I know some will be angry with me. Tomorrow I want to talk about courage. Until then let me leave you with God's words.

Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Josh 1:6-9 (ESV)




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 40 Teen girls! I never even thought of a Teen MOPS before, but that is really a great idea! I recently read an article about an aborted baby as well. It was so sad, brought tears to my eyes. My husband and I are currently trying to find a way to be more outspoken and stand up for our pro-life belief. Thank you for pushing me to make something happen with that! :)
    Blessings,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete