Monday, January 23, 2012

Remember

Good morning precious one and happy Monday! Did you know that if you eat a handful of walnuts each day your memory will improve? Can't remember exactly where I read that little statistic but I know it to be true. In the society we live in there are a million voices screaming at us night and day. With all that clutter it is hard to "hear" the messages that hold real value in our lives.

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

Don't you just love the "if then" in this scripture? Because we are new creatures we are commanded to live differently. Our lives have been transformed by the Master. Our old life is now gone. That old life consisted of living for ourselves. As the commercial says, "go for the gusto". As redeemed believers we go a new direction and that direction my friend is UP!

God's word is like the walnuts I eat every day. I consume the walnuts so that I will remember the important things. I read God's word everyday so that I can remember this world is NOT my home. God wants me to focus on heavenly things instead of earthly things..

Next time lets look at what Jesus said about heavenly things. Till then, eat some walnuts and crack open God's word and focus with me.

In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment