Monday, January 2, 2012

The New Year

Good morning sweet friend. Hopefully the whirlwind of the holidays is over for you. It's now time to reflect on the past year so that we can move into the new one with great hope.

I realized recently that I had lost hope and that is sad. When God is silent it is difficult to hold onto hope. Now that doesn't mean I had lost my faith in the LORD and his WORD. God is still God even when he is silent. I had lost hope that anything would change and there would be no improvement in Rich's health and our circumstances. In fact, someone had wished me "Happy New Year" and inside I was thinking, " I see nothing good about another year". It represented another year of horrible pain for my husband, another year having to depend on our daughter for housing, another year, another year!

God has shown me though that even though I feel like he is silent, he is still working in our lives. Hospice has now taken over my husband's care which to me is hopeful. Hopeful that the pain will soon be under control and he will be comfortable. Hospice is wonderful. They take seriously pain issues and will go to any extreme to make their patients comfortable.

God has been working in other ways in our lives while all I could feel is silence. A dear friend from church travels to Florida for the winter months and offered her home to Rich and I and our son Michael. Two of the men in the congregation came over and built a wheelchair ramp for Rich before we even moved in. It is a beautiful home to rest in. Rest is the order for the day.

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Matt 11:28 (ESV)

This brand new year is full of hope no matter what our circumstances. We are promised rest from every side. The new year reminds me of a huge winter storm that comes roaring in. When the storm finally passes you can look out and see fresh snow with no prints on the ground. It reminds me of an empty canvas just begging to be painted on! That is what our new year is all about. A fresh canvas. The old is gone. The new is here.

Won't you embrace this canvas with me to grow into the woman God has for us? I am hopeful.

In Christ Alone,

Jill




Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Jill sweetheart, that's amazing! Amazing Grace...to open her home and the brethren to prepare the way for your husband even before you knew or moved in...you are loved and appreciated. God will give you rest now and be assured that your labor is now in vain...God truly loves & blesses us in answered prayers. God bless you & yours. Always, Ana p.s. I'm glad to start at the beginning. I too am artist that needs to pick up her brushes & trust the Creator to make a masterpiece out of our lives....

    ReplyDelete
  2. opps, typo...be assured your labor is not in vain...my husband has Osteopina Vet disabled and he's in alot of pain, too. So God has put us together to give me hope, girl :) Thank you. love, ana Our front porch (hopefully one day:)aharshaw@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete