Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gratituesday

"Sing praises to the LORD O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name." Psalms 30:4

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever." Psalms 118:1

A holy God who chooses us for his people. A holy God that loves us so much he gave his ONE and ONLY Son! A holy God that is the great I AM.

God my Father but also my Papa! A Papa that will shelter me with his presence in the midst of storms. A daughter who loves being called his very own.

A Father who wants me, his daughter to give him thanks in everything. The joyful times when all is well. When babies are born, when I am surprised by a gift of love. When the sun shines down on all I do. But then, he wants thanks in everything. The gut wrenching, soul searching witness to unspeakable pain, I thank you Father. To watch someone you cherish slide down a path that is seems so unfair I give thanks. To have a ministry that fits like a glove vanish overnight I give thanks.

Thanks in all things stretches me. At times stretches to what feels like the breaking point. It is in those moments that my Papa is proud of me. Proud I didn't give up, proud I clung to his promises and proud to call me his daughter.

Oh to give thanks to the LORD. His mercies are new every morning!
Give thanks.

In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of this song that I try to keep in my heart:

    Blessed be your name
    In the land that is plentiful
    Where the streams of abundance flow
    Blessed be your name

    Blessed be your name
    When I'm found in the desert place
    Though I walk through the wilderness
    Blessed be your name

    Every blessing you pour out,
    I turn back to praise
    When the darkness closes in, Lord
    Still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord
    Blessed be your name
    Blessed be the name of the Lord
    Blessed be your glorious name

    Blessed be your name
    When the sun's shining down on me
    When the world's all as it should be
    Blessed be your name

    Blessed be your name
    On the road marked with suffering
    Though there's pain in the offering
    Blessed be your name

    Every blessing you pour out,
    I turn back to praise
    When the darkness closes in, Lord
    Still I will say...
    Blessed be the name of the Lord
    Blessed be your name
    Blessed be the name of the Lord
    Blessed be your glorious name

    You give and take away
    You give and take away
    My heart will choose to say
    Lord, Blessed be your name

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say about the above comment is a big AMEN!

    ReplyDelete