Thursday, January 12, 2012

Climbing

As you can tell my writing has been sporadic of late. My brain seems to be in overdrive. Because of that it's been hard to live a peaceful and quiet life. Sounds ridiculous I suppose. I am trying to wrap my head around our circumstances.

I figure the gal on the right is a pretty good metaphor for me right now. I am climbing a mountain of rock. Every place I put my feet I find slippery spots. The climb is steep but there is something else I can see in the picture. There is a safety net for me as I climb the rock. It fits snugly around my waist and seat. That safety net is attached to two ropes that is secured at the top. Because of the safety net I will not fall. Oh it may get scary and I might dangle off the edge a time or two but the net will catch me.

My safety net is found in the LORD. He embraces me and holds me tight so that I will not fall. It does not matter how steep the climb becomes and how slippery the rocks get we are safely snugged in. We will not fall.
I don't know what kind of rocks you are climbing right now precious friend. You may be suffering a crushing blow financially. You might be estranged from the ones you love the most. Satan may be having a field day with your life. Let me encourage you listen to the Psalmist.

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come from? My helps comes from the LORD who made heaven and earth. Psalms 121:1-2

Hold
on to that promise and I will do the same.
Till next time.
In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

No comments:

Post a Comment