Friday, January 13, 2012

Above the Clouds

Good morning precious friend. Our ladies class on Thursday mornings took a break over the Christmas season so we resumed on Thursday. With a hospice helper I came to class, and boy am I glad I did.

Before class started the ladies put me in a chair in the middle of the room and they all gathered around and prayed over me. It was balm for a weary soul. I am so thankful that God has placed us right where we are.

Our Daniel study is over and we started Randy Alcorn's book Heaven. What a perfect study for me to learn right now. With that back drop I would love to share a scripture with you and then some thoughts.

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. 3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Col 3:1-4 (ESV)

You and I have been raised with Christ. We are part of his family and because we are part of his family we are encouraged to not get bogged down on the things under the clouds. We are to set our minds above the clouds. Now I don't know about you but for me there are some things on this earth that weigh me down. Where do we live? Will I have enough pain medicine for my husband? Is there enough money coming in to pay the bills and the list could go on and on. Certainly we are supposed to be wise with our time and our money so don't misunderstand. But it is the cares of this world that Satan loves to use against us.

In Matthew 13 Jesus talks about the Parable of the Sower. This has always been a vivid description for me because of gardening. Listen to Jesus' explanation of the word sown among the thorns...

As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful. 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.” Matt 13:22-23 (ESV)

Would you join me in meditating on this passage? God tells us we need to set our minds above the clouds. In order to do that we have to get rid of the cares of the world. Seems impossible to me but that's what God has called us to. And when God calls us to something he also equips us for the job.
Lots to think on today so let's get started!

In Christ Alone,
Jill



Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Jill, I am so thrilled that you have a group of Christian women who would literally surround you in prayer. What a wonderful group of ladies. I cannot imagine what you are going through emotionally. I do know that you are holding on to the hand that will never let you go. Still praying:) Love Deb

    ReplyDelete