Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Wrap Up

It's time to officially close out my series on the Plain Community. It definitely was a watershed event for me. The visit happened at the perfect season of my life. I seriously doubt at the ripe old age of 20 or 30 it would have had the same affect on me!

I count it a huge blessing to have been welcomed into the plain community. The people were gracious to answer question after question that I had. I wanted to fully experience the lifestyle they chose so they allowed me to roll up my sleeves and experience first hand a new way of doing things.

I learned that it is entirely possible to live in the 21st century simply. To wake up every morning to the crow of a rooster and actually hear the birds chirping brought a smile to my face. To cook healthy and delicious meals using simple tools opened up endless possibilities for me. I thought I would go crazy without contemporary Christian music playing all day and I was wrong. To sing the old hymns was a simple act of worship. Finally, to not be dashing from one appointment to the next was balm for my soul.

I am blessed beyond measure to have experienced the plain community. It is a very important principle in my life to continue to learn and grow towards my Father. I never want to tire of stretching myself and visiting the community helped me stretch! I still have a story or two inside of me that at some point I will share. I hope that this series has opened your eyes like it did mine!

My prayer is that you and I cling to the Savior, the one and only who is the giver of all good things. May His name be praised. Till next time.

In Christ Alone,
Jill








Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning Satan says, "Oh crud, she's up".

2 comments:

  1. that is so awesome! what a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got to experience that and shared it as well.

    ReplyDelete